This is an excellent dish for lunch during the winter. This type of salad is rich in protein, healthy fats, fiber and a vast number of healthy nutrients.
These ingredients will provide energy needed for the whole day.
For this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 4 peeled beets
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 chopped bunch kale
- ¼ chopped pecans
- ¼ dried, unsweetened cranberries
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Lime juice
Method of preparation:
1. First preheat you oven to 350 ̊F (180 ̊C).
2. Peel the beets and then dice the sweet potato and beets into 3cm cubes.
3. Toss them on baking sheet with salt, coconut oil and pepper. Bake them for about 40-45 minutes. Toss them until the vegetables become soft.
4. Blanch the kale to reduce its bitterness while the vegetables are cooking. To blanch the kale, stir its leaves into boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Then drain it and wash it with cold water in order to stop the cooking process.
5. In some larger bowl, combine together the beets, sweet potato, pecans, kale, cranberries and quinoa.
6. For salad dressing, mix wasabi, vinegar and lime juice in a blender. Blend the ingredients for 30 seconds on medium setting. Then switch to the lowest one and slowly add the oil with motor running.
7. Add the salad dressing and toss it well.
Regardless of their individual taste, you can’t deny the health benefits of these ingredients. They boost your immune system, improve the work of your heart, liver and respiratory system.