Most of us are aware of laurel as an extremely beneficial spice which finds its way into every kitchen. But despite being used in a number of dishes, it can also have some health benefits as well.
Some of them are:
- It relaxes the nervous system
- It boosts the immune system
- It cleanses the colon
- It accelerates and stimulates sweating
- It relieves joint pain and varicose veins
- It increases cognitive ability
Homemade laurel oil
- 250 ml. of Olive Oil
- 30 grams of Bay leaves
All you have to do is mash the bay leaves together and pour olive oil over them. Once done, store them in a glass bottle and seal the mixture tightly. Let it sit in a dark and cool place for 14 days and make sure you shake the bottle every now and then.
After 2 weeks, strain the oil through cheesecloth and transfer the liquid in another bottle, keeping it in a cold room.
Other benefits of Laurel Oil are:
- Heat the oil on steam and rub it on the joints to eliminate pain
- Apply a few drops in your ear to treat migraine
- Massage the oil on the temples to eliminate headaches
- It replaces aspirin
- It improves appetite
- It eliminates stomach pain
- It normalizes renal and hepatic function
- It eliminates pimples and acne
This oil will also alleviate earaches and migraine, and you can use it to lower body temperature, instead of aspirin. Moreover, it normalizes the hepatic and renal function.